Building Evacuations occur when conditions are unsafe in a particular building, as for example, in case of a fire.
- Evacuate a building when an internal building alarm sounds and upon notification by public safety officers or other authorized officials.
- Leave the building by the nearest exit and alert others to do the same.
- Assist persons with disabilities in exiting the building.
- Do not use the elevators.
- Once outside the building, proceed to a clear area at least 500 feet away from the affected building. Keep streets, fire lanes, hydrant areas and walkways clear for emergency vehicles and personnel.
- Do not return to an evacuated building unless told to do so by an authorized public safety or fire department official.