The manner in which the college communicates with students, faculty and staff will depend upon the nature of the crisis/emergency. In most cases, multiple ways will be used to ensure connecting with community members. Among these are:
- Text message through the college’s emergency communication system
- E-mail through the college’s emergency communication system
- Cell phone call through the college’s emergency communication system
- Land line phones through the college’s emergency communication system
NOTE: During an emergency the campus land line telephones are restricted to official use only.
- Public address and siren system
- Agnes Scott Web site: www.agnesscott.edu
- Emergency Web site: emergency.agnesscott.edu
- Blackberry two-way devices
- Portable radios
- Verbal instructions from designated people in certain locations and/or situations: building captains in offices; RAs and/or RDs in residence halls.
Information on the Web site
- On the home page of Agnes Scott’s Web site, www.agnesscott.edu, is an Emergency Info button. In the event of an emergency, it will lead directly to information, instructions and ongoing updates about the specific emergency.
- In the event that the college’s Web site is inoperable, emergency information, instructions and ongoing updates can be found at emergency.agnesscott.edu.